Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The end of the year would appear to presage the arrival of clarity.

The house in Arlington is under contract, and I have 30 days to finish moving out and find or make places to fit everything. I think I'll end up with the woodworking shop tools in storage until I build a new barn next Spring.

Had I spiffed up the house and sold it at my first opportunity, I'd probably have made $100K more than it looks like now. As it is, though, I can't complain (though sometimes I still do) -- the property has more than tripled in value over the last 12 years. For now, I end up debt-free again, and with a bunch of extra cash in the bank, just not the mad money I'd dreamt of.

For Spring, I want to fence, plow and subdivide the lower field, and plant crops of clover, hot peppers and bees, and also refence the paddock and put in a new storage barn. Beyond that, I'm hoping to put up a few greenhouses, even if they're temporary.

No comments:

Post a Comment